The Idaho Board of Nursing accepts courses from CE Leaders.
To renew an RN or LPN license, a licensee must accomplish at least 2 of any of the learning activities (in the Practice, Education, or Professional engagement sections) within the 2-year renewal period, from the date of renewal to the following expiration date.
• Current nursing specialty certification; or
• 100 hours of practice or simulation practice, paid or unpaid, in which the nurse applies knowledge or clinical judgment in a way that influences patients, families, nurses, or organizations
Education, Continuing Education, E-learning, and In-service:
• 15 contact hours of continuing education, e-learning, academic courses, nursing-related in-service offered by an accredited educational institution, healthcare institution, or organization (a contact hour equals not less than fifty minutes); or
• Completion of a minimum of 1 semester credit hour of post-licensure academic education relevant to nursing, offered by a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education; or
• Completion of a Board-recognized nurse refresher course or nurse residency program; or
• Participation in or presentation of a workshop, seminar, conference, or course relevant to the practice of nursing and approved by an organization recognized by the Board to include, but not limited to: a nationally recognized nursing organization; an accredited academic institution; a provider of continuing education recognized by another board of nursing; a provider of continuing education recognized by a regulatory board of another discipline; or
• A program that meets criteria established by the Board
• Acknowledged contributor to a published nursing-related article or manuscript; or
• Teaching or developing a nursing-related course of instruction; or
• Participation in related professional activities including, but not limited to, research, published professional materials, nursing-related volunteer work, teaching (if not licensee’s primary employment), peer reviewing, precepting, professional auditing, and service on nursing or healthcare related boards, organizations, associations or committees
*Check with the Idaho Board of Nursing if you have any questions about the CE requirements in Idaho.